Linking todays new with Bible

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Linking todays new with Bible

Post  kelee877 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:27 am

We all know of the 4 horsemen of the Bible that create a lot of problems

but here are a few I am coming across

Zika virus

New International Version
How dreadful it will be in those days for pregnant women and nursing mothers!(Matthew 24;19)

Wars and Rumors of War( Damascus)

New International Version
A prophecy against Damascus: "See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.(Isaiah 17;1)

kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Re: Linking todays new with Bible

Post  kelee877 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 4:34 am

Food prices

6:5-6 "And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand." "And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and [see] thou hurt not the oil and the wine".

The Third Seal: A Black Horse - Rampant inflation - a common aftermath of war - Famine is suggested by John's words, "A quart of wheat for a denarius, and three quarts of barley for a denarius; and do not harm the oil and the wine."

Since in biblical days a denarius was a common wage for a day's work, and a quart of wheat or three quarts of barley are basically subsistence diets, John is indicating that a man will have to work all day just to get enough food to eat, with nothing left over for his family or the elderly.

In the parable of the vineyard, Matthew 20:2, a day's work was a penny. This "penny", in the verse above, means a full day's pay. I believe this means that a loaf of bread will be so inflated in price, because of scarcity of food, that it will take a whole day's wages of a man to buy one loaf.

We surely know that it is a "measure", which is a very small amount. Barley seems to be a third the cost, so perhaps a meager meal of barley for three could cost a whole day's wages.

The famine will be so great, that food will be weighed by the ounce and dispensed carefully. This famine will probably be as bad as the famine that was in Egypt in Joseph's time. Probably drought will trigger crop failures in many places. Only the very rich will be able to buy food. Personally, I believe, God will instruct Christians, who are totally sold out to Him. They will know when to plant and exactly what to do, as Joseph was told, of God, what to do.

This is run-away inflation to its worst possible conclusion. In many parts of the world inflation is already to that terrible extreme. I just read in some parts of Africa where the inflation rate is over 1200%.

When inflation is coupled with famine, we see a situation more horrible than we care to imagine. We must stay closely in tune with God. If He tells us to dig a very deep well, we must do that. If He tells us to plant a garden, we must do that. It is going to be very important to be able to take daily instruction from God. Not to question, just do it. I believe God is even now setting up places of refuge for Christians.
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jonas Parker on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:19 am

All of the above are VERY good reasons to stock up and store rice, beans, lentils, barley, oatmeal, corn meal, and other "dry foods" as preps. A good stash of non-perishables stored in glass canning jars (ever see a mouse or rat that could chew through glass?) will allow us to suppliment what meager rations we can get with additional calories and "bulk up" our meals.
Jonas Parker

Back to top Go down

Post  kelee877 on Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:32 am

Mice we learned our lessons with mice this fall..

Parkerhale and Zeker did couple of weeks of hunting, so we took our small 5th wheel out in to the bush and camped for the 2-3 weeks. On our way back I followed behind Parkerhale, he was pulling the terry trailer, I was in the jeep pulling the atv...So as we are driving and its dark when we hit close to our area, I see something back and forth across the bumper of the trailer. It was not until Parkerhale stopped at a stop sign that I truly realized there were mice running back and forth the bumperof the Terry trailer.

And when we got back to the bigger trailer(the Nash) we discovered we had, had mice in here and still were. Took us a bit to get all preps put safely away and we are over cautiuos now, as we are learning that resources when there are none are hard to replace. As we go along in our new choice of life style Jonas"' post above is bang on.
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top