Surprise solar storm set off gorgeous northern and southern lights Saturday night

Go down

Surprise solar storm set off gorgeous northern and southern lights Saturday night Empty Surprise solar storm set off gorgeous northern and southern lights Saturday night

Post  kelee877 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:30 am

The solar wind sneaked through a “crack” in Earth’s magnetic field Saturday night, causing spectacular auroras in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres. Space weather forecasters were stunned by the spectacle.

The colorful hues of the northern lights (aurora borealis) danced across the sky in Canada, Michigan, New York, Montana, Wisconsin and Indiana, SpaceWeather.com reported. It also logged reports of the southern lights (aurora australis) in New Zealand.

In the video shown above, even the full moon can’t dull the vibrancy of the southern light’s turquoise, green and yellow shades frolicking above the coastline of Dunedin, New Zealand.

In the Northern Hemisphere, the lights were also seen in Europe and, according to Twitter, as far south as Colorado. “This is surely one for the record books! A #solar minimum #Sun sends #aurora as far south as Colorado!,” tweeted Tamitha Skov, a space weather expert.

The geomagnetic storm was rated 3 or “strong” on the 1 to 5 scale for these events by the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

“Forecasters did not see this coming,” SpaceWeather.com wrote. A small wave of charged particles from the sun, known as a coronal mass ejection, first hit Earth on Friday but produced little effect. “The action began only after Earth entered the CME’s wake, where strong south-pointing magnetic fields opened a crack in our planet’s magnetosphere,” it explained.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/08/27/surprise-solar-storm-set-off-gorgeous-northern-and-southern-lights-saturday-night/?utm_term=.d761f72da90a
kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Surprise solar storm set off gorgeous northern and southern lights Saturday night Empty Re: Surprise solar storm set off gorgeous northern and southern lights Saturday night

Post  kelee877 on Tue Aug 28, 2018 5:49 am

Why would I post a geomagnetic storm in the pandemic section..

This morning as I was reading the news I found it funny that I came across 2 pieces on pandemics...

and decided to hunt and search which is my fashion when I come across anything new about pandemics..so why the artical on China and the need for the H7N9 virus to be given to the US for research..and shtf posting a piece on getting prepared for a pandemic..

In my reading researchers have bounced around that there is a correlation between geomagnetic storms and pandemic..not proven but at east studied

Surprise G3 storm sneaks through to earth, we have beautiful skies,but what came in with that storm..the particals from space contain space dust

(quoted from this pdf file)
insert link later

It is also of interest to note that the first descent
of viral-sized particles deposited in the stratosphere will occur at places
where the stratosphere is thinnest; and by this argument populated
areas of China lying eastward of the Himalayan mountain range would
present the best candidates. It is therefore not surprising to find that
first strikes of new or renewed viral diseases are oіen recorded in
China.

So this sneaked up on us geomagnetic storm was able to

quoted from above

The solar wind sneaked through a “crack” in Earth’s magnetic field Saturday night, causing spectacular auroras in both the Northern and Southern hemispheres.

The colorful hues of the northern lights (aurora borealis) danced across the sky in Canada, Michigan, New York, Montana, Wisconsin and Indiana,

So this sneak geomagnetic storm has found a crack and space particals are floating around or hitting the ground in areas were they may not usually hit, how will that effect them

Something to think about and see what happens

Could this happen a geomagnetic storm unleashes a major pandemic(would make for a good movie)...lol

kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Surprise solar storm set off gorgeous northern and southern lights Saturday night Empty Re: Surprise solar storm set off gorgeous northern and southern lights Saturday night

Post  kelee877 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:31 pm

SOLAR WIND, INCOMING: A fast-moving stream of solar wind is approaching Earth. Estimated time of arrival: Sept. 7-8. The gaseous material is flowing from a hole in the sun's atmosphere. Arctic sky watchers should be alert for auroras later this week

http://spaceweather.com/
kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down