Prepare for the Future 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weekend of the 25th of October

2 posters

Go down

Weekend of the 25th of October Empty Weekend of the 25th of October

Post  kelee877 Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:27 am

So all is well out here in the bush...they started hunting yesterday,blinds set up and a location picked.

I had daughter in with me for the weekend picked her up Thursday night and we brought her out to the bush with us,she had an allergist appointment and I had to drive her there,so she stayed the weekend..

We found some p51 can openers , some other stuff for Parkerhale to get some emergency preps kits made up and I got some lace

Got a great score when we down to midland..a great sale and we got 40 free Y2K candles and for taper candles the stickies for holding candles in place(44 free packs)..We bought a couple of baskets from there and an old fashion shave stand(new) has brush and razor holder with stand

Tjis thread is a combo of the last week as we have been in out of the bush for the last week or so
kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Weekend of the 25th of October Empty Re: Weekend of the 25th of October

Post  tygerkittn Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:45 pm

How will y'all stay warm that far north? Our house stays warm enough all winter without heat, if you dress warmly and cuddle with blankets. Heat stroke might be an issue in summer, but the last few summers haven't been as bad. Global cooling! Very Happy

tygerkittn

Back to top Go down

Post  kelee877 Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:42 am

Right now we run on propane heat and we have a bad ass generator...at night so far we run nothing,get up in the morning click on the propane heat, and start the kettle which is done with the propane which heats up the 5th wheel also...then Parkerhale heads out and starts the genny and we have internet and power to start our day..When we get back to the larger trailer and hunting season is done, we will be shutting down this trailer for the winter...we also have a wood stove and as soon as we can. Parkerhale will be building a shelter on the big trailers door so we can hook up the wood stove

As we go through this process and if it is not to cold I will take some pics
kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  tygerkittn Wed Oct 28, 2015 10:07 am

I read about a couple in Canada that had a natural gas well, and the energy company made them cap it and buy from them, is it possible to buy land with natural gas on it up there? That would be your own source of fuel for the long run. Just don't tell the energy companies!

tygerkittn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down