Prepare for the Future 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting ready to move

2 posters

Go down

Getting ready to move Empty Getting ready to move

Post  Ozarks_1 Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 am

My wife and I have decided to "make the move to greener pastures". In our particular case, this means moving from north-central Arkansas to south-eastern South Carolina. We're busy packing ... Gee, how did we accumulate so much stuff? ... and putting most of it into storage. Since my wife has relatives in South Carolina, she's making the move first to find us a place - then I'll make "the big move with all our stuff" in a few months.

The climate is definitely more garden-friendly in South Carolina than here in north-central Arkansas - and the soil is A LOT better.
Arkansas is the only place I've lived where a jack hammer (for breaking rocks) should be considered "an essential garden tool"!

Ozarks_1

Back to top Go down

Getting ready to move Empty Re: Getting ready to move

Post  alpha Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:04 am

Ozarks,
Like all moves that really make a lot of sense, it's still kind of scary to find yourself in a new environment. May you and your wife locate like-minded folks who can mentor you through the adapting stage of this. Fortunately, my wife and I are surrounded by our adult children and their growing families, so this transition to "older age" isn't terribly difficult.
Best of luck to both of you!!!

alpha

Back to top Go down