Prepare for the Future 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Freeze Dryer

Go down

Freeze Dryer Empty Freeze Dryer

Post  alpha Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:07 pm

We ordered a Harvest Right Freeze Dryer last week and it should arrive next week... I'm so excited!!!
As a member of our State-wide farmers cooperative, I'll be the caretaker of this baby for our County chapter. That means I get to use it free of charge in exchange for maintenance duties.

Since I raise many forms of livestock and my wife gardens both outdoor gardens and our high tunnel, we always have way too much to put in our freezers (yes, 3 freezers) when harvesting. This will be such a blessing! bounce

I'll report on all my happy experiences with it when we return from our Winter retreat (Florida).

alpha

Back to top Go down

Freeze Dryer Empty Re: Freeze Dryer

Post  alpha Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:20 pm

Well, besides our returning from Florida a few snow storms too soon, we've had a chance to get to know our HarvestRight freeze dryer. A few loads of fruits (strawberries, bananas, apples etc.) and then various vegetables with the highlight being 100 bulbs of garlic! cyclops
Now we're into drying pork chops and stew meat... So far things have gone very well and this looks to be every bit the prepper's blessing that we'd hoped it would be. Higher nutritional value in freeze dried foods and long term storage at minimal cost (once you get past the initial outlay of $3,000) such that a small group of neighbors or like minded folks could go in together on one of these and truly benefit from the product. I have yet to see a down side even within on-line critiques of the device!

alpha

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum