Prepare for the Future 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens

2 posters

Go down

sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens Empty sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens

Post  kelee877 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:06 am

Living in fear, the allergy patients told by chemists: sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens

Abby Doherty, from East Sussex, was dramatically rushed to hospital, last month

She'd suffered a severe allergic reaction — anaphylaxis — after eating seafood

Doctors treated her with adrenaline, but she was lucky to get last of the supply

Shockingly, had she arrived more than a few minutes later, she would have died

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens Empty Re: sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens

Post  kelee877 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:13 am

Its the same here in the area I live in no epi pins..I am suppose to carry 2 of them with me at all times..and there are none available..

I seem to recall that Pfizer wanted to raise the price of the pins from 113.00 they cost each up too, about 300.00 and they were refused so if you don't get what you want then just cause a shortage.

We can look back on this after a few a few people die and when they get epi pins back I bet they will be about 300.00 to 400.00 each.

Big pharma always gets what they want they don't care about people they just care about cash...

I have about 20-25 pins that have expired but in my world something is better then nothing

And yes (caps here) EPI PINS EXPIRE..NOW EACH PIN IS 113.00 EACH ON AVERAGE...TIMES 2-3 TO HAVE TO CARRY THAT IS 339.00 EVERY 5-6 MONTHS....DEPENDING ON THE PHARMACY ON HOW LONG THEY HAD THEM ON THE SHELF.

I use to get 2 pins at the same time and one would expire in 2-3 months and the other would be good for about 6 months...
kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens Empty Re: sorry, we've completely run out of EpiPens

Post  kelee877 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:17 am

EpiPen shortage to continue into August, Health Canada warns

In light of the shortage, if you are experiencing an anaphylactic reaction and have only an expired auto-injector, use the expired product and immediately contact 911,” the release states.

kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kelee877 Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:20 am

Patients are also instructed to peek through the viewing window on the EpiPen periodically to ensure the solution inside of it is not brown, discoloured, or cloudy, which indicates it may have come into contact with oxygen, extreme temperatures, light or some foreign element such as metal

kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  alpha Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:24 am

Where we raise livestock here and frequently must administer injections of one thing or another, it has long been standard practice to have a bottle of Epinephrine and a hypodermic needle ready in case of allergic reactions. Disposable syringes and Epinephrine are inexpensive... our veterinarian prescribes when necessary. I would recommend folks who have such allergies stock a 50 ml bottle in the refrigerator.

Valley Vet: $23.59 [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

alpha

Back to top Go down

Post  kelee877 Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:57 am

Canada EpiPen Shortage: U.S. Alternative Approved By Health Minister

The order is effective for two weeks while approval is sought to extend the order for up to one year.

my reply to this;

Oh this is great I bet they will cost us a pretty nickle..bad enough when they are available they cost 115.00 dollars each getting them from the states will probably cost us double and if you are required to carry 2 injectors...So the only ones able to afford such a luxury will be the rich and those on welfare who get coverage for these..your average joe who needs this for life saving will be left out again..so who cares if an average run of the mill working stiff like me dies. I noticed reading through this they did not mention how much they would cost,would make them hang their heads in shame, they have us by the short and curlies, we have to buy them to live. And I wonder how long the expiry dates on these ones will be,average one is 6 months so every 6 months in order to live we have to pay out over 300.00 dollars and now they will probably double.

WE are screwed when comes to epi pins..I work part time,but usually get full time hours..between 1000.00 for rent,hydro,contents insurance,vehicle insurance,monthly bank service charges,gas for vehicle, food. there is never any money left to purchase these. Barely scrape by and food is now a luxury..oh and if Trump finds out about this we will be tarrifed on them
kelee877
kelee877
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum